Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sprinkled throughout Ohio

     So the Janszens are in Northern Ohio, Mid Ohio, and Southern Ohio. You can't escape us! We are like a horror movie; you can run as fast as you want but you will never out run us!
     Ben has recently joined his college Water Ski Team, which is perfect for him. Professional water sports somehow missed him. Unfortunately college got in the way of  every wake board, wake surf board, slalom ski, and tube. He jumped in a competition in Southern Ohio last weekend and made 52 feet, but this past weekend he surpassed that jump and made it 60 feet! He stuck the landing too! I would bust every bone in my body if I did that, but I am also not the Dare Devil in the family. So is Mallory...I'm 24 and pushing "Grandma Boring" status.
    Mallory seems to be full force into her senior year. Senior pictures are the hot topic in the Janszen household and it scares me that she will be living with another person in a year. God Bless her roommate because my sister makes a walk through after a Tornado look clean. She is not like Pig Pen from Charlie Brown with a a dark dust cloud surround her....she just puts everything on the floor. This drives Joe and Lisa nuts!
    Joe and Lisa are working to make sure that the roof over the Janszens stays there. Dad is selling homes and Mom is selling trips! I am worried how they will be when Mallory leaves for college. Empty Nester's....after having kids in the house for twenty-five years they get to re-kindle that spark.
     Today we celebrated my dads' mom's 80th birthday. I think after 80 years of life you should take a knee like Tebow and just chug a hard drink while thanking God you are healthy, alive, and have one classy, sexy, looking family! (The Janszen's breed well! Not to brag, but after 30 some of us, we still are ridiculously good looking. And marry good looking people!) Okay, shallow Emma needed that few seconds to brag. Grandma is slowing down but she still provides the love and laughter we all cherish. My moms' mom was able to make it out for the celebration as well and it makes me happy to see her still going strong!
     As for me, well I'm knee deep into Student Teaching and Master's Thesis writing. I know, you wish you had my life right now. I have pondered the idea of paying someone to finish my paper if I gave them a detailed outline and promised I would write the Works Cited, but that is bad karma.
   
     I hope everyone is enjoying the sneak peak of fall weather and your football team is on the winning side!
           The Janszens

No comments:

Post a Comment