Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

     When thinking about the "Back to School" season many images come to mind:
 1) The Staples commercial where the mother is dancing through the school supplies while the kids look sad while the infamous Christmas carol "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" plays in the background.
2) Billy Madisons' "Back to School" song so he can prove to his dad he's "no fool".
3) The wonderful brown bag that comes in the Sunday paper from Office Max that rewards each customer with a 20% discount on whatever they can shove and stuff in that 8in x 12in bag.
My favorite ladies where I work call it Christmas and come out every year and celebrate as if the Grey Goose company is having a "Going Out of Business" sale. Staples needs to hire them for their ads.
     In a matter of hours the Janszen household went from 4 to 5 and rapidly down to 3. My brother, Ben who has been a camp counselor for the entire summer, returned home Friday night. Enough time for Lisa to prepare a delicious Vodka pasta meal and pack his bags to be in Bowling Green by noon on Saturday. While my parent were attending to Ben and helping him set up his "Bachelor Pad", I employed my sister to help me pack for my journey back to Cincinnati for my last semester of Graduate school. My dad, mom, and sister are the remaining troops at Fort Janszen.
     I want to wish Mallory good luck, not only because it's her Senior year, but she is the Lone Ranger against the parents. Good luck to all students and parents as they see their children grown another year older with more complicated school projects and homework!

For your viewing pleasure....enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment